Thursday, May 16, 2013

Love.

The longer I'm married, the more I'm realizing just how little I know about love.

...and I don't mean this to imply that I married the wrong man, got married too young, or am too overwhelmed with what's going on in my life; I disagree with all of those. What I'm simply saying is that to me, marriage is like a fascinating specimen. I'm constantly learning so much about myself, Mark, our incredible God and even just basic day-to-day human relationships on such a more detailed level that I couldn't have possibly achieved as the person I was previously as a single young woman (at least, the woman I was). It's just...different.

Obviously, love is more complex to me than ever before for a lot of reasons. But it's jaw-dropping how intricately designed it is, how many different avenues one could take to explore it (both positive and negatively) and how at the end of the day, it will always seem to lack something if the Lord isn't the forefront example of it's essence in one's life.

I could go on for days about love, and definitely want to write more about it later....but for right now, I'm just analyzing. Just processing and rough-drafting in my mind. And honestly, it's exciting how "little" I know about it because that only means I have so much more love to learn about and so much more love yet to give.



Galatians 2:20 I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.



No comments :

Post a Comment