Monday, May 6, 2013

"Most Richly Blessed"

Heard this prayer shared during a sermon today on the radio concerning the will of God for His peoples' lives, focusing on the fact that sometimes our most fervent prayers are answered with a "no," such as the case with David desiring to build a huge structure for the Lord. God told him no as it was to be done by his son, Solomon, no matter how passionate David was of his dream to honor the Lord in that way.
Anyways, here's the prayer. Loved it.



Most Richly Blessed
by an Unknown Civil War Veteran

Displayed in the Lobby of the Shreveport, LA Veterans Hospital
I asked God for strength, that I might achieve.
I was made weak, that I might learn humbly to obey.
I asked for health, that I might do great things.
I was given infirmity, that I might do better things.
I asked for riches, that I might be happy.
I was given poverty, that I might become wise.
I asked for power, that I might have the praise of men.
I was given weakness, that I might feel the need for God.
I asked for all things, that I might enjoy life.
I was given Life, that I might enjoy all things.
I got nothing that I asked for, but everything I had hoped for.
Almost despite myself, my unspoken prayers and true needs were fulfilled.
I am, among all men, most richly blessed.

No comments :

Post a Comment